Monday, October 20, 2008

excellent for auditory training - part 1

Some of you know that I got a Cochlear Implant several years ago. It is an ongoing process for me learning how to hear again after too many years of silence. Lost my hearing as a young child, then faced some years of white noise prior to surgery then activation. A good friend also got a cochlear implant. She recommended listening to books on tape for an hour every morning. She listens to a Bible on tape and reads along for one hour before her husband and kids wake up. Another friend also got a cochlear implant after years of wearing hearing aids. I discovered that listening to music on tape with my speech processor helps train the auditory part of my brain to focus on sounds.


For auditory practice, listen to Soave sia il vento - Così fan tutte:

No comments: